GET YOUR MESSAGE ACROSS
Workshop to Improve Assertive Communication Skills
“The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives.”
— Anthony Robbins
Are you successful at making yourself understood by your partners? Are you able and willing to express your views, needs and emotions openly? And all this – in English?
This one-day workshop will enable you to ASSERT YOURSELFand get your message acrosseffectively to your communication partners in your business and private life:
- Spot and exhibit different styles in behaviour and communication
- Find the right words, the right time
- Make sure your partner understands your point
- Avoid and resolve conflicts through assertive communication techniques
- Understand cross-cultural differences around assertiveness
Target Audience: professionals at any level within the organisation who wish to improve their communication skills. Prerequisites are:
- Willingness to participate in exercises
- Proficiency in the workshop language (English)
Group size: 4-12 Participants
What makes us assertive?
- What is assertiveness and what makes us unassertive?
- Behaviour scale from passive to aggressive
- Assertive rights
What you say and how you say it
- Non-verbal communication: it’s what you don’t say that counts
- Behaviour types and their communication patterns
Assertive communication techniques
- Get your message across – but first of all, have a message!
- Wording makes a difference
- Active listening, asking the right questions
Cross-cultural aspects of assertive communication: “Assertiveness is for Americans” – is that right?
If you have questions or would like to receive an offer tailor-made for your company (available in both English and Hungarian), please contact our expert: email@example.com
Executive Coach, Management Consultant
Anikó brings 20 years of professional experience serving clients in various business areas. Having worked as a project manager as well as a change management and communication expert for a wide range of business projects at multinational companies, she truly understands the importance of effective communication and cooperation in a dynamic corporate environment.