The Bridge: How to Communicate Effectively Across Culture
- Ever wondered what your foreign colleagues cannot understand when a situation is crystal clear to you?
- Just how often do you get upset if your counterpart abroad does not do what you have agreed on?
This new 1-day intercultural communication workshop will help you overcome the difficulties of cross-cultural communication.
Cultural differences and stereotypes often lead to misunderstanding and stress for all parties involved. Dimensions of culturehelp us understand how other cultures are different from ours: this determines how they see us and how we see them.
Through real-life case studies we will explore the effect of cultural dimensions on everyday life and work. Looking at the results of large-scale international research studies we will analyze the different ways of thinking and working, and the critical situations it may cause.
To bridge the gap across cultures, you should first understand cultural differences and adapt your own communication style. INSEAD Professor Erin Meyer’s book, The Culture Map, provides us with a map as well as a compass for navigating different cultures. Harvard Business Review author Professor Andy Molinsky´s Global Dexterityconcept will help us explore how to adapt our behaviour across cultures for best results:
- Identify the typical communication patterns in your vs. in your partner´s culture
- Bridge the cultural gap through increased awareness and targeted communication techniques
- Interact with people from different cultures with respect and for a win-win solution
- Real-life case studies on intercultural conflicts and their resolution
- Video and audio materials for discussion
- Experiential learning through practice-oriented roleplays
- Authentic trainer with a multi-cultural business background
Your Bridge for Future Success: what benefits to expect?
- Increased awareness of cultural differences to avoid traps and pitfalls
- Strategies for managing cultural stereotypes
- Ready-to-use, business-focused communication tools & techniques
- First-hand experience in successful cross-cultural communication
Training date: 14th November 2019.
- 1-day workshop from 9:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Maximum 10 participants per session
- The price of the workshop: 60.000 HUF+VAT
- Place: Business Coach Kft. Office, 1068 Budapest, Városligeti fasor 32.